Xiaomi has yet to go public with Android 9 Pierelease date details for the Redmi Note 5 Pro, however, the phone is already enjoying the new OS courtesy of a variety of custom ROMs.
According to LeekGeek, the XDA senior member behind this port, the ROM is based on the newly released Open Beta 11 for OnePlus 6, meaning you are dealing with unstable software. As a result, you may encounter bugs from time to time, but none of them is something you can’t live with.
In fact, the Redmi Note 5 Pro was among the first devices to get Android Pie unofficially and apparently, developers haven’t stopped there yet. In the latest developments, the device has now gained support for OnePlus OxygenOS ROM based on Android 9 Pie.
- Best Theme for MIUI 10- AUG-19
- MIUI 10.3.7.0 Stable Update For Redmi Note 7 & 7s-Download Link
- MIUI 10 9.8.12 Beta update for Redmi Note 5 Pro – Download Link
- Best Customization Notification Bar For Any Android Devices -MIUI-ify – Notification Shade
- Best Theme for MIUI 10-PRO DARK
To get the new Android 9 Pie OxygenOS ROM on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, check out this XDA thread that contains the download files as well as feedback from those who have already installed the software.
Video tutorial :
Pre-Requirement to install OXYGEN OS
Make Sure that Phone bootloader is unlocked and TWRP is installed
Do take the full backup of your phone. This process will delete all the data.
Make sure that your phone has enough battery. Above 70%.
Guide to Install Oxygen OS on Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Save the Oxygen OS beta 11 zip file on your phone and remember the location of your phone.
2. Now time to boot your phone in the TWRP recovery mode. To do this, first switch Off your phone, and now Hold the POWER + VOLUME UP button.
3. Now your phone will boot in the TWRP recovery mode.
4. Tap on the WIPE > Advanced Wipe > Select Data, Cache, Dalvik and System and Swipe to wipe. This will wipe all these files and you are ready to flash the Oxygen OS on your phone
5. Now go back to the home page of TWRP. Tap on the Install and select the OXYGEN OS ROM beta file and Swipe to flash
6. The flashing process will start on your phone and this will take some time.
7. Once the oxygen OS is successfully flashed on your phone. Reboot System.
8. Now your phone will reboot and the first boot will take some time. Now yourRedmi Note 5 Pro is running on the Oxygen OS Beta 11
So with the help of this guide, you can download Oxygen OS and install Oxygen OS on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
If you have any question regarding this guide or facing some problem, then leave the comment below, and we will help you to fix it up
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: