Xiaomi has released the second update after MIUI 11 for its Redmi Note 9 Pro global variant devices. The MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 9 Pro brings some of the bug fixes and the latest JUNE 2020 security patch as well. It bumps up the new software version V126.96.36.199 QJWINXM based on Android 10.0 Q. All the Redmi Note 9 Pro (Curtana) Global variant users will soon receive the OTA update or can manually install the firmware by following our full-depth guide below.
Thanks to Google’s Project Zero Security Analysis Team for identifying a major security bug in the Framework component that could enable a remote attacker to make a permanent denial of service. The JUNE 2020 Android Security Patch Level has fixed that issue. Meanwhile, the MIUI 188.8.131.52 update also brings a fix for notification settings that couldn’t open in the notification shade in the Second space. It also fixes the images overlapped issue in scrolling screenshots.
Check Software Update
The software update is rolling via OTA in batches and will take some time to arrive on all the Redmi Note 9 Pro Global devices depending on the server or carrier. Therefore, all the Redmi Note 9 Pro Global variant users should check for the OTA update manually.
In order to check OTA updates, go to the device Settings > About Phone > Software update. Alternatively, you can directly go to the Software Updater app on your device. If the new firmware version is available, you can download and install it.
Keep in mind that your device should be connected to a Wi-Fi network and charged more than 60% at least.
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
- Fix: Autofocus issue in the Video recording
- Fix: Battery drain issue
- optimized UI
- New Mi Browser
- New Icon Animations
Steps to Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 9 Pro (curtana)
Before installing the firmware update on your device manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads as well.
- Keep in mind that this firmware update file is supported for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (Curtana) Global variant.
- Your device should be running on the official Stock Firmware in order to apply this update.
- Make sure to maintain the battery juice on your phone more than 60%.
- Take a full data backup on your device to protect all the important data.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download MIUI V220.127.116.11.QJWINXM – Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and Install it on your PC or Laptop.
- Download the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool and install it on your computer. (for Fastboot Method)
“MIUI System Apps Updates-May 2020” – Read More
Instructions to Install:
We hope that you’ve followed all the pre-requirements and downloads completely. Now, you can head over to the MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM installation guide on your Redmi Note 9 Pro (curtana). You can either follow the Recovery method or Fastboot method. Additionally, we have put up the video tutorial guide for your ease.
Video will upload soon
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve easily installed the latest MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM on your Redmi Note 9 Pro (curtana). You can ask in the comments below for any queries.