Xiaomi has released the fourth update after MIUI 11 for its POCO X2 Stable Update for its global variant devices. The MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM for POCO X2 brings some of the bug fixes and the latest May 2020 security patch as well. It bumps up the new software version V18.104.22.168 based on Android 10.0. All the POCO X2 Global variant users will soon receive the OTA update or can manually install the firmware by following our full-depth guide below.
Thanks to Google’s Project Zero Security Analysis Team for identifying a major security bug in the Framework component that could enable a remote attacker to make a permanent denial of service. The May 2020 Android Security Patch Level has fixed that issue. Meanwhile, the MIUI 22.214.171.124 update also brings a fix for notification settings that couldn’t open in the notification shade in the Second space. It also fixes the images overlapped issue in scrolling screenshots.
Check Software Update
The software update is rolling via OTA in batches and will take some time to arrive on all the POCO X2 Global devices depending on the server or carrier. Therefore, all the POCO X2 Global variant users should check for the OTA update manually.
In order to check OTA updates, go to the device Settings > About Phone > Software update. Alternatively, you can directly go to the Software Updater app on your device. If the new firmware version is available, you can download and install it. poco x2 stable update
- Download the MIUI 11 Global Beta Recovery zip file on your phone’s internal memory and remember the location of your file.
- Go to Settings of your phone > About Phone > System Update.from here click the ‘…’ the icon at the top-right corner, and “Choose Update package”.
- Now the file manager will open on your device, from here select the MIUI 11 Global Closed Beta Recovery zip file that you saved on your phone.
- Hit the reboot button to apply this MIUI 11 Global Closed Beta update on your Xiaomi Phone. Now the phone will reboot and you will see the updating process on your phone screen.
- After all the process gets completed your phone will reboot automatically and keep patience because it will take around 15 minutes to make the device booted up once the updating process gets completed.
Keep in mind that your device should be connected to a Wi-Fi network and charged more than 60% at least.
Changelog: POCO X2 MIUI 126.96.36.199 Stable Update
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2020. Increased system security.
- Optimized UI
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
- Fixed Camera Brightness issue
How to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 In POCO X2:
Before installing the firmware update on your device manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads as well.
- Keep in mind that this firmware update file is supported for the POCO X2 Global variant.
- Your device should be running on the official Stock Firmware in order to apply this update.
- Make sure to maintain the battery juice on your phone more than 60%.
- Take a full data backup on your device to protect all the important data.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download MIUI V184.108.40.206 – Full ROM | OTA ROM
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and Install it on your PC or Laptop.
- Download the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool and install it on your computer. (for Fastboot Method)
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve easily installed the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM on your POCO X2. You can ask in the comments below for any queries.